Permanent employee, Full-time · Remote
Voice User Interfaces to bridge the Digital Divide: Voicebridge, a Hishab Ltd. subsidiary, is a Saarbrücken-based software company developing voice based applications and middleware for rural populations in developing countries that lack internet access. Our product enables speech access to web based services via phone.
Developing Interfaces of the Future
We are researching and applying machine learning tools and methodologies to create tailor-made, unique voice interfaces for developing countries and underrepresented languages & dialects. Voice is becoming the interface of the new generation in industrial countries, controlling automated homes and self driving cars. We aim to take this technology to places where the difference it can make is not merely one of convenience, but of participation.
Billions of people all around the world do not have access to information technology, including, and most importantly, the internet – a situation which constitutes a major inhibitor to social, educational and financial inclusion. This disconnect most strongly affects poor rural populations in developing countries. We are working on solutions that bridge this digital divide: Our technology enables these communities to access internet-based applications via voice input using conventional phones.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will have to understand the product/business requirements in-depth from the end-user point of view and the underlying implementation. Perform component, integrated system and end-to-end tests for coming releases of new features with the best quality possible. You will work closely with the solution architect, developers, collaborate on building a new, high quality development team responsible for the core technology built to be deployed in the market.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding the business requirements, functional testing, developing automated tests, identifying faults, and providing QA reports
- Design test cases and develop test data based on the requirements, specifications and release schedules
- Execute test cases described and documented in the test plan, identify failures during test execution and log appropriate information and update test results in the test management system
- Evaluate, test and validate our software, services and integrations
- Work in a distributed team in different time zones
- At least 4 years of experience in Quality Assurance test process and methodologies in software testing
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity, understanding the requirements and ability to work on multiple types of testing
- Using programming and coding languages. Assessing code and software test automation.
- Experience in agile development processes
- Good experience with API testing. This includes performing API interface testing and API automation testing
- At least 3 years of experience using test automation tool such as Selenium, SOAPUI, Jmeter, or languages such as java and python
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Bangla with ability to effectively communicate with teams
Good to Have
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines for test automation (e.g. UI, API, Integration, Regression Tests)
- IVR testing experience
What we offer
- An international project with social impact
- An important and shaping role in a fast evolving company
- Opportunity to participate in establishing a new team and setting up work processes
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility to work from home and/or remotely
- Opportunities to attend conferences, courses and other venues of professional development
- A helpful and open working atmosphere with committed and motivated colleagues