Permanent employee, Full-time · Remote
Voice User Interfaces to bridge the Digital Divide: Hishab Ltd. is a software company developing voice based applications and middleware for rural populations in developing countries that lack internet access. Our product enables speech access to web based services via phone.
Developing Interfaces of the Future
We are researching and applying machine learning tools and methodologies to create tailor-made, unique voice interfaces for developing countries and underrepresented languages & dialects. Voice is becoming the interface of the new generation in industrial countries, controlling automated homes and self driving cars. We aim to take this technology to places where the difference it can make is not merely one of convenience, but of participation.
Billions of people all around the world do not have access to information technology, including, and most importantly, the internet – a situation which constitutes a major inhibitor to social, educational and financial inclusion. This disconnect most strongly affects poor rural populations in developing countries. We are working on solutions that bridge this digital divide: Our technology enables these communities to access internet-based applications via voice input using conventional phones.
As an Incident Manager you will cooperate closely with the Delivery Team and the first line Service Support in Dhaka, Bangladesh to coordinate reported incidents throughout their life-cycle. You will also help to improve our incident handling processes and support the team to maintain a trustful relationship with our clients.
What you will be doing
- Own and manage customer reported incidents
- Identify problems according to the ITIL framework
- Perform root cause analysis and risk assessment
- Proactively identify recurrences, trends and potentially hidden root causes
- Collaborate with technical team members to retrieve, understand, document and distribute information regarding incidents and problems to our first line support
- Act as product owner for problems in our backlog
- Conduct blameless postmortems
- Build and refine incident handling processes
- Customer oriented mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in bangla and english
- Practical knowledge about ITIL methodology
- Incident management experience within the technology sector
- Experience of working closely with Development and Dev Ops teams in an Agile environment
- Exceptional teamwork mindset with a high degree of ownership and motivation
- A positive, can-do attitude to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Excellent stakeholder management, both internal and external
What we offer
- An international project with social impact
- An important and shaping role in a fast evolving company
- Opportunity to participate in establishing a new team and setting up work processes
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility to work from home and/or remotely
- Opportunities to attend conferences, courses and other venues of professional development
- A helpful and open working atmosphere with committed and motivated colleagues